Hi, I’m Angie. We have a great new home and studio in Brownsville, VT. I hate the word “busy”, but it is important to let people know that I choose my new responsibilities, obligations, and even invitations very carefully in effort to best manage my time and energy. I love being with people and running classes, but I am an introvert and too many obligations will drain my energy fast. Here are the reasons why I might say “no” to something:
*Last Edited December 12, 2017, 7:00 AM
- Teaching 5 + weekly yoga class
- Organizing and leading a 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Program
- Monthly Kirtan and Studio Events- no more than 2 per month, ideally 1
- Maintaining two websites and blogs: The one you are reading now, and my art site.
- Running our new yoga studio in Brownsville, VT! Lots of great workshops just for you!
- Writing projects: YTT manual, daily writing, monthly newsletters, guest posts, etc…
- Art Making: Creating and making in my art studio each week: Finding show exhibition opportunities: Next show is scheduled for April in Brattleboro, VT!
- I have returned to the Board of Directors in the non-profit organization “Children of Ma“. In my new role, I am:
- Organizing the 2018 tour with Swami Gurusharanananda
- Driving my two teen daughters to and from their school in Westminster, and tending to their various activities.
- Tending to the needs of my home, husband, and family.
- Reading: I usually have about 5 books going at once.
- Making time to hike and walk outdoors
Inspired by a post by Tammy Strobel of Rowdy Kittens, I decided to make a list of my current projects. This originated with Derek Silvers who encourages everyone to make a “NOW” page. This list will help me to stay focused, and it will be a reminder of my need to say “no” to things that are not in support of this list in an effort to simplify my life.
I will update this list as events change, and I refine my projects and goals.
Thanks! Share your own NOW page with me below!